The BlueBuzzards Flying Scooter Display Team Forum
July 28, 2017, 16:46:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Search Member Map Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How things can change so quickly  (Read 1718 times)
Juggler
Head Brewer
Dragon
United Kingdom

Kills +213/-13

Volare Natus Sumus, Ventos Equitamus

bluebuzzards
« on: June 21, 2014, 13:55:28 »

So most of you will have seen on Facebook that there's a little change in the job situation heading rapidly my way.

On Wednesday the place where I work sacked one of the Southern Field Service Engineers for gross misconduct. I don't know any exact details but I believe the guy has had a bit of a social meltdown and instead of asking for help just went totally off the rails to such an extent that he left the firm no choice.

I was asked if I would consider it and after speaking with Nicki plus a sleepless night I went back to work to broker a bit of a deal.

I have taken the job on a trial/temp basis for the next three months with a view to going full time. There are quite a few other things that need to fall into place though if I want to carry on post wedding/honeymoon. Whilst working down South Nicki and myself will have to look into the financial side of things to see if we can afford to make the move. If Nicki can land a job paying a respectable salary then with my salary as well the initial outlook is good. Of course we'll have to find somewhere to live but early investigations show that with two of us working we can afford rent down in the Bournemouth/Poole area which is where Nicki wants to be and too be fair I quite like it down there too, although I'm leaning more towards Poole as the town is more me.

The Elephant in the room though is the house in Darwen as we will have to do something with that otherwise the whole thing can't work but an early suggestion to a certain Mr Bates about possibly renting it off us from November has met with interest.

So lets go for the ideal situation here... If the job works out for me and for the company then that's the first hurdle cleared and too be honest I think I'm already striding over that one as I've wanted off the desk for ages. Nicki gets a job in Bournemouth starting in November, we come to an agreement with Richard about the House which covers most or all of the Mortgage and then during the course of the rental period we gradually box up and migrate South. Eventually we will have to sell the house in Darwen to raise deposit money for our own place but at least we don't have to try and sell it immediately.

So yes a lot has to go right but sometimes you just have a gut feeling about something and considering Nicki and I were looking at properties in the windows as we wandered round Poole last Sunday talking about moving it just seems as if things are coming together.

So that's where we're at for the moment.

Now given the job covers Swansea to Norwich and all parts south of that line across the country I may have to ask some favours over the next three months as I will be living out of the back of the company car. It's entirely possible I might just need somewhere to crash for a night or two as I work my way round the country and I don't want to be under Nicki's feet the whole time whilst she tries to do all her lesson planning and teaching stuff. It's stressful enough without me being around.

Mum has East Anglia and the East covered. Ian and Linda have very kindly said I can drop in if needs be in Swansea and the same goes for Keith and Sam so that's the west covered. I can do the odd night and weekend with Nicki in Bournemouth and I'll have a proper chat with Mike and probably the Shepherds as well.

Over the years you have all been amazing friends and I quite often don't thank you all properly (I do have a problem with getting lost in what I'm doing and forget about others) so bare with me over the coming months as I'll probably be asking for all of you to help us out.

Scientists say the Universe is made up of Protons, Neurons and Electrons. They forgot to mention morons!
McCroskey
Inner Sanctum
Wing Commander
United Kingdom

Kills +152/-11

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 16:05:46 »

As you've said elsewhere, a rum old week. If you need me you know my number :-)

If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
bloodfalls
Die-hard immortalist and infant author
Dragon
United Kingdom

Kills +193/-17

Ivories -- Flying Officer, Grey Hawk Squadron

macronencer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 11:02:09 »

Wow, how long have I been off this forum? I have some catching up to do :-P

It has begun already, and it was good to see you the other day, Jay! It really sounds as if you're at a crossroads, and you've both boldly chosen a path and are striding down it. Good for you! I wish you all the best and hope it works out fantastically for you.

When all about you have lost their heads... look down at your hands and check for an axe.

My Face - - - My Tunes - - - My Daubs - - - My Adventurous Self - - - My Goodness! - - - My, oh my...
Juggler
Head Brewer
Dragon
United Kingdom

Kills +213/-13

bluebuzzards
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 10:36:31 »

Well, so far so good.

I've become a bit of an experienced Sofa Surfer now but overall it's been working out OK. It's difficult without a stable base and relying on friends and family to help in so many different ways but everyone's been brilliant. I've not really been able to keep in the loop with all the other bits and bobs being done for Pete's family but from what I've seen it looks like everyone is doing a grand job.

It's almost certain that regardless of everything else we'll be moving in early November as the lifestyle in Bournemouth really suits us and feels good. How can you beat a BBQ on the beach in the early evening with the sun blazing and the waves lapping? We both know it's going to be a battle financially but a fresh start to married life is more than worth the cost.

I'll finish this off later as the Bat Phone has just gone off and I've got to make a mercy dash to Village Bournemouth of all places

Scientists say the Universe is made up of Protons, Neurons and Electrons. They forgot to mention morons!
Hong Kong Fooey
Warrant Officer
Hong Kong

Kills +28/-2

Wan Chai Warrior Big Budda Airborne Jumper

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 23:26:05 »

So your already down south - last I heard you were in Preston I think - Ivé got the Far East covered if needed.!!

Jo San - Li See Doh Lai.
Wan Chai Warrior
Sooper Dooper Spurs Fan
Juggler
Head Brewer
Dragon
United Kingdom

Kills +213/-13

bluebuzzards
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 10:45:58 »

Back in the office following a few days travelling the South.

So to pick up where I left off....

Still loads of bits to tidy up for the Wedding although the major things were sorted some time ago it's stuff like shoes for me, Nicki's head dress, Wedding Favours etc. that still need finalising. If anyone feels like getting rid of any spare Nectar Points that they'll never use Nicki will gladly take them off you to use to pay for decorations

Honeymoon has been paid up so apart from airport transfers and a couple of other things it's just spending money to get together. Oh, and I know on the invites we asked for donations towards the honeymoon as a Wedding gift and if anyone wants to do that ahead of time PM me for bank details.

After the Honeymoon we'll be into full on moving mode hopefully with plans to relocate to Bournemouth starting to take shape.

So that's all for now, I'm going to go back to pulling PC's apart and other such fun.

Ciao

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc