The BlueBuzzards Flying Scooter Display Team Forum
July 28, 2017, 16:48:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Search Member Map Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Loitering within tents...  (Read 10604 times)
bloodfalls
Die-hard immortalist and infant author
Dragon
United Kingdom

Kills +193/-17

Ivories -- Flying Officer, Grey Hawk Squadron

macronencer
« on: June 07, 2013, 21:32:39 »

...or should I perhaps browse in stemware while my anger simmers?

No, seriously - I'm looking at tents at the moment, just casually, not necessarily going to buy one but eventually I'll need a replacement as mine gave up a few years back and was written off.

What about this kind of thing? Any good? Anyone know of something better/similar?
http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/lightwave-t20-hyper-tent-72110231?id_colour=98

I'm after something that is big enough for me, plus possibly camera gear etc.... plus my bad back! So in other words, room for a decent bed, and room to sit up straight inside. It must be portable enough to carry with me on a trail, away from the car.

Yes, I'm going crazy - just humour me, it's yet another mid-life crisis  garfield

When all about you have lost their heads... look down at your hands and check for an axe.

My Face - - - My Tunes - - - My Daubs - - - My Adventurous Self - - - My Goodness! - - - My, oh my...
Getafix
Bwncath Glas
Air Commodore
United Kingdom

Kills +33/-4

Greyhawk Squadron

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 18:29:48 »

I went on the Khyam site to get a link to show you one's we have as they are very good.  Only I got side tracked and found this -

http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=757&product=Driveaway Compact 300

hypno hypno hypno hypno OMG!!!!!!!!  ME WANT NOW!

Step away from the buttons!!!!!  Do not press it just to see what happens because you'll break it.

Mooooooo!

I keel you!

Here be dragons
bloodfalls
Dragon
United Kingdom

Kills +193/-17

macronencer
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 19:39:37 »

Hee hee! Good to see someone other than me getting so excited over a tent

When all about you have lost their heads... look down at your hands and check for an axe.

My Face - - - My Tunes - - - My Daubs - - - My Adventurous Self - - - My Goodness! - - - My, oh my...
Scrumpers
Flight Lieutenant
Afghanistan

Kills +35/-19

Jackal Squadron

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 18:11:37 »

So youre lookin for a tent huh. Have you tried looking in your local go outdoors showroom. They will have every tent they stock erected. I personally have the hi gear mojave 5.  It sleeps 3 of us comfortably for at least 1-2  weeks a year.  Might be worth a butchers.

The advantage of flying scooters is that you can fly drunk!!!!
bloodfalls
Dragon
United Kingdom

Kills +193/-17

macronencer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 16:25:47 »

So youre lookin for a tent huh. Have you tried looking in your local go outdoors showroom. They will have every tent they stock erected. I personally have the hi gear mojave 5.  It sleeps 3 of us comfortably for at least 1-2  weeks a year.  Might be worth a butchers.

Looks really great - I just watched a video about it. Probably a bit large for me as I want something portable for backpacking, but I might bear it in mind if I suddenly stop being single some day (come on then, lay your odds and place your bets...!  garfield ).

Scrumpers
Flight Lieutenant
Afghanistan

Kills +35/-19

Jackal Squadron

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 18:38:17 »

As the great Antonio Gaudi said when asked why he hadnt married. He replied that he couldnt find any girl to match his intelligence. Marrying a lesser intelligent girl he said just wouldnt be right. You could always use that one.

The advantage of flying scooters is that you can fly drunk!!!!
bloodfalls
Dragon
United Kingdom

Kills +193/-17

macronencer
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 23:40:42 »

As the great Antonio Gaudi said when asked why he hadnt married. He replied that he couldnt find any girl to match his intelligence. Marrying a lesser intelligent girl he said just wouldnt be right. You could always use that one.

Good plan! After all, modesty of that calibre is SO attractive

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc